Associate Intern (f/m/d), US
What is Siemens Advanta ConsultingSiemens Advanta Consulting is the global management consultancy of one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. Siemens Advanta Consulting navigates companies through their unique digitalization journey – from strategy to operations.
About Strategy ConsultingOur Strategy Consulting team develops sustainable business strategies as well as customized concepts and solutions in times of digital change. We support our clients globally in mastering the entrepreneurial and societal challenges of the 21st century. Our expertise ranges from M&A projects to digital transformations and over to strategy planning. For consultants, our projects offer unparalleled management exposure, a real impact on strategy, fun teams, and a focus on professional development.
Who you'll work with
Being based in one of our US locations, you will be part of the Siemens Advanta Consulting strategy team. Our team is comprised of about 500 consultants and experts across the globe.
In the US, our team of international and local talent is supporting to shape the future of the American market for Siemens and external clients, advising on growth and innovation, digitalization, M&A, government and society, as well as regional strategies. Join our dynamic, international, and growing team and discover where your talents could take you.
What you'll be doing
Open to Juniors/rising Seniors (graduating in fall of 2022 or spring of 2023), this internship will last eigth to twlelve weeks during your academic summer break. You will support our consulting project teams in building visions, strategies, and implementation plans to help bring digitalization to life at our clients. As a Summer Associate Intern, you will be part of our project teams and support clients by doing the following:
- Support the project managers and consultants in various aspects of our projects including but not limited to:
- Perform comprehensive market and competitor research
- Perform benchmarking and leading practice analyses and derive fact-based areas for improvement
- Create and maintain financial models and business cases for strategic planning
- Assist in the preparation for client workshops and management briefings
- Support business development and go-to-market initiatives
- Contribute to internal people and process improvement initiatives
- Limited travel (up to 20% of your time to domestic locations)
What it takes
- Three years of completed undergraduate studies at a top-ranked university with excellent academic performance prior to the start of the internship (majors and minors in Business, Economics, Engineering, or other applied or natural science disciplines welcome to apply)
- At least one previous internship in consulting, a renowned industrial enterprise, or start-up (ideally with a strategic focus)
- Record of leadership abilities and working collaboratively in academic or extracurricular settings (on or off campus)
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) in English
- Analytical, conceptual, and creative quantitative problem-solving skills
- Curiosity to deal with ambiguity and be challenged across various skillsets and industries
What we offer
- An assigned coach and ‘buddy’ will all provide you feedback and support to help you develop desired skills and advance your career
- Frequent mentoring and coaching by experienced consultant who are genuinely interested in your personal growth
We understand this is likely one of your first experiences in the world of business. We want you to succeed at your job by challenging you, teaching you, and supporting you. Be excited to start your career with us, and we are just as excited to welcome you to our team.
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
How the recruiting process works
After we have received your application, you will hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position you have applied for. Find out more on what awaits you by clicking on the blue button.