Project Manager SCM Procurement (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and implementing Procurement projects and thus systematically increasing the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize Procurement processes and procedures. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later into leadership positions or expert roles.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your procurement projects
- Identify new possibilities to optimize procurement processes and procedures, convince your clients of your approaches and keep an eye on structures as well as employees
- Realize additional potential by introducing targeted digital solutions in close collaboration with the client team
- Independently acquire new client projects in procurement
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our consulting offering in procurement
What you'll need
- Strong performance as a project manager over many years at a consultancy or in Procurement in an industrial setting. Familiarity with Purchasing, Controlling or strategic planning, based on operational experience
- Excellent know-how in procurement, global sourcing, commodity and asset management, highly developed skills negotiating with suppliers, ability to use savings potential
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or a top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Experience working on intercultural projects and ideally extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.