Project Manager SCM Factory Planning and Optimization (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and implementing projects focusing on factory planning and optimization and thus systematically increasing the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize productivity, performance, throughput time, OPEX and inventory. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later into leadership positions or expert roles.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your projects focusing on factory planning and optimization
- Plan and optimize factory layouts and material flows, design production control and logistics, and design workplaces applying lean methods and using digital planning tools
- Realize additional potential by purposely introducing digital solutions in close collaboration with the client team
- Independently acquire new client projects in the production environment
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our consulting offering in factory planning and optimization
What you'll need
- Strong performance as a project manager over many years at a consultancy and familiarity with factory and layout planning, production and logistics optimization, industrial engineering, lean management and automation, based on operational experience
- Excellent knowledge of digital planning tools from the Siemens Digital Enterprise Suite for layout, material flow and work place design (e.g. Teamcenter, NX, Line Designer, Plant Simulation or Process Simulate)
- Experience with supply chain digitalization, robotics and additive manufacturing preferred
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or a top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Experience working on intercultural projects and ideally extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.