Experienced Consultant SCM Supply Chain Management/Logistics and Footprint (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
About SMCSiemens Management Consulting (SMC) is the global management consultancy for one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. We drive the digital transformation forward and provide Siemens and numerous other clients in the technology sector with consulting services, ranging from strategy to implementation.
About Operation ManagementOur Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence in a digital context. We develop outstanding solutions. Together with our clients, we transform core businesses and make them resilient in the digital world. In our Logistics practice, we design, develop and implement complex projects relating to the value creation strategy. The focus is on factory and project logistics (including their logistics networks), warehouse and transport logistics, inventory management and planning, and digitalization of the supply chain. We secure for our clients competitive advantages through efficiently designed digital logistics processes and footprint approaches.
What you'll do
- Develop, implement and optimize complex strategic and operational production and logistics networks as well as logistics solutions
- Accompany your clients in all questions relating to the strategy and design of global production and logistics networks, from the core competence analysis and make-or-buy decisions to network coordination and the optimal depth of value creation and resource distribution (footprint)
- Use your digitalization knowledge and advise holistic value creation processes around the topic of logistics and supply chain
- Assume responsibility for your own project modules and lead or coach your teaam members
- Present your project results to senior management
- Continuously develop as a thought leader in contact with leading institutes our range of consulting services in Logistics and Footprint
What you'll need
- Two to five years of outstanding performance at a renowned consultancy, industrial company or a start-up in logistics, network strategy in lean management or value creation strategy (network design)
- Excellent knowledge and operational experience in the planning, implementation and controlling of logistical processes - preferably with experience in digitalization
- Excellent college or university degree (master/diploma/doctorate)
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- High level of social competence and team spirit
- Consider being on the road for about 80 percent of your working time an exciting challenge
What to expect when applying for SMC
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Apply now.
This is how the recruiting process at SMC works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position. Find out exactly what awaits you here: