Experienced Consultant SCM Strategy and Design of Global Production and Logistics Networks (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
The roleAs an Experienced Consultant, you'll develop and implement projects focusing on value-add strategies and production and logistics networks, and thus systematically increase the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize productivity, performance, throughput time, OPEX and inventory. With your expertise you'll support our clients to secure a long-term competitive advantage. Become part of the team!
What you'll do
- Develop creative solutions in close cooperation with our clients to plan, evaluate and optimize production and logistics networks
- Support our clients in all matters relating to strategy and the design of global production and logistics networks - from core competence analysis and make-or-buy decisions through to network coordination and optimal depth of value-add and resource allocation (footprint). Apply thereby digitial solutions
- Independently acquire new client projects in production and logistics networks
- Assume responsibility for your own (sub)projects and coach your team members
- Present your project results to top management, facilitate workshops and train project employees
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our consulting offering in value creation strategies and the design of global production and logistics networks
What you'll need
- Strong performance over many years at a consultancy, a renowned industrial enterprise or a start-up, in production, logistics or network strategies
- Excellent knowledge and operational experience in planning, evaluating and optimizing production and logistics networks, including business case calculations and holistic cost optimization
- Experience with supply chain digitalization and network simulation preferred
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD)
- Experience working on intercultural projects and ideally international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.