Experienced Consultant SCM Procurement (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
About SMCSiemens Management Consulting (SMC) is the global management consultancy for one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. We drive the digital transformation forward and provide Siemens and numerous other clients in the technology sector with consulting services, ranging from strategy to implementation.
About Operation ConsultingOur Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence in a digital context. We develop outstanding solutions. Together with our clients, we transform core businesses and make them resilient in the digital world. Our Procurement practice steers complex purchasing projects from the perspective of internal requirements and competencies in relation to the global procurement market. We secure for our clients a competitive advantage through more effieicent procurement solutions and optimize cooperation with external suppliers and internal functions.
What you'll do
- Develop, implement and optimize purchasing strategy, processes and procedures as well as the associated organizational structures
- Advise and support your clients in specific procurement questions and optimize the associated material flows
- Identify additional potential by using targeted digital solutions or by helping to implement them successfully
- Assume responsibiility for your own project modules and lead or coach your team members
- Present your project results to senior management
- Continuously develop as a thought leader in contact with leading institutes our range of consulting services in Procurement
What you'll need
- Three to five years of good performance at a consultancy, a renowned industrial company or a start-up - primarily in purchasing, controlling or in strategic planning
- Excellent knowledge of procurement, global sourcing, commodity and asset management and proficient in negotiating with suppliers and realizing potential savings
- Excellent college or university degree (master/diploma/doctorate)
- Intercultural (project) experience and ideally international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- High level of social competence and team spirit
- Consider being on the road for about 80 percent of your working time an exciting challenge
What to expect when applying for SMC
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Apply now.
This is how the recruiting process at SMC works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position. Find out exactly what awaits you here: