Project Manager PLM and R&D Modular Product Concepts (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing product and system modularization projects and for implementing these. The goal is to support our clients to make appropriate use of modern, modular solutions, processes and structures in times of digital transformation. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later into leadership positions or expert roles.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your product and system modularization projects and work closely with the client team
- Analyze the market with respect to variance and client requirements and optimize the product and portfolio architecture
- Evaluate the cost and benefits of modular architectures and modular concepts
- Independently acquire new client projects in product and system modularization
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop consulting offering in product and system modularization
What you'll need
- Five to ten years of strong performance as a project manager at a renowned industrial enterprise or at a consultancy and operative experience in engineering (preferably automotive or aviation industries) and modular product or system development
- Profound knowledge of development or engineering and/or product portfolio management or product management
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or a top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.