Project Manager PLM and R&D Design to Value (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing projects focusing on Design to Value and for implementing these in PLM, R&D/Engineering, Procurement, Quality Management as well as Project and Product Management. The goal is to support our clients to make appropriate use of modern approaches, solutions, processes and structures in times of digital transformation. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later to leadership positions or expert roles.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your Design to Value projects and work closely with the client team
- Support your clients in decision making processes to ensure the competitiveness of products and solutions
- Independently acquire new client projects in Design to Value
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop consulting offering offering in Design to Value
What you'll need
- Five to ten years of strong performance as a project manager at a renowned industrial enterprise or at a consultancy and operational experience in product development, R&D/Engineering, Product Management or PLM processes
- Profound knowledge of Requirement Engineering, Design to Cost, Design to Function, Target Costing, Cost Analysis and Optimization, Market Analysis and Segmentation as well as basic knowledge of product architecture, modularization, Supplier Management and process optimization
- Familiarity with these methodological tools and how to use them for digitalization in Design to Value
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/Promotion) or top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.