Experienced Consultant PLM and R&D Product and Product Portfolio Management (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
The roleAs an Experienced Consultant, you’ll manage and implement complex projects in the area of Product and Product Portfolio Management. With your expertise, you’ll support our clients to secure a long-term competitive advantage in what can be extremely dynamic markets. Become part of our team!
What you'll do
- Create market transparency and suitable market segmentation enabling target markets to be segmented based on business strategy
- Analyze the market success of the existing product portfolio and the individual products in the target segments and derive from this growth and profit potential
- Create the basis for prioritizing potential investment in the evolution of the product portfolio and identify scenarios for specific product development projects
- Lead stakeholders through the systematic prioritization of R&D projects, the resulting allocation of the R&D budget and consolidate the decisions in a development roadmap
- Independently acquire new client projects in this area
- Assume responsibility for your own (sub-)projects and coach your team members
- Present your project results to top management
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our consulting offering in product and project portfolio management
What you'll need
- At least three (ideally five or more) years’ experience, with outstanding performance, at a renowned industrial enterprise, start-up or consultancy
- Excellent know-how in Product Portfolio Management and/or in Product Management and operative experience in Product Portfolio or Product Definition
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master’s/graduate degree/PhD) or top business school MBA
- Extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (ca. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.