Experienced Consultant PLM and R&D Design to Value (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
About SMCSiemens Management Consulting (SMC) is the global management consultancy for one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. We drive the digital transformation forward and provide Siemens and numerous other clients in the technology sector with consulting services, ranging from strategy to implementation.
About Operation ConsultingOur Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence in a digital context. We develop outstanding solutions. Together with our clients, we transform core businesses and make them resilient in the digital world. In our Design to Value practice, we steer cross-functional R&D projects that help to implement strategies for product design and cost-cutting decisions. We secure for our clients a long-term competitive advantage through optimal product cost and product benefit management.
What you'll do
- Analyze, design and implement strategies to reduce costs and improve product functionality in the field of engineering and production
- Support your clients in decision-making processes to ensure the competitiveness of products and solutions
- Moderate Design to Value/Cost workshops at the client's premises
- Assume responsibility for own project modules and lead or coach your team members
- Present your project results to senior management
- Continuously develop as a thought leader in contact with leading institutes our range of consulting services in Design to Value
What you'll need
- Two to five years of outstanding performance at a renowned consultancy, industrial company or start-up and operational experience in product development, R&D/engineering, product management or PLM processes
- Excellent knowledge of requirement engineering, design to cost, design to function, cost analysis and optimization, market analysis and segmentation as well as basic knowledge of product architecture, modularization and supplier management
- Familiar with the tools of these methods and know how to use them for digitalization in Design to Value
- Excellent college or university degree (master/diploma/doctorate) or MBA from a top business school
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- High level of social competence and team spirit
- Consider being on the road for about 80 percent of your working time an exciting challenge
What to expect when applying for SMC
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Apply now.
This is how the recruiting process at SMC works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position. Find out exactly what awaits you here: