PhD Candidate and Consultant – Innovation and R&D Transformation (f/m/d), Munich/hybrid
About R&D TransformationOur Operations Consulting team stands for product-, system-, ecosystem- / platform- and process-excellence in a digital context. Together with our clients, we develop outstanding solutions to transform their core businesses and make them resilient in the digital world. We design and implement complex transformation projects to secure sustainable competitive advantages for our customers. To specifically address the new innovation challenges our clients face in today´s VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) world, the Siemens Product Innovation Lab was initiated (in collaboration with the EBS Business School) at the interface between industry leaders, academic researchers, and students. Within the R&D Transformation practice the Lab supports the methodical development of market-relevant, sustainable products to promote process excellence in a digital world in order to accelerate innovation and business creation. As part of your role, you will work in consulting projects, develop relevant research as part of your PhD thesis, and support the further development of the Siemens Product Innovation Lab at the interface between industry and academia.
What you'll do
- Develop innovative solutions to support the digital transformation of our clients
- Publish excellent research with practical relevance as part of your PhD
- Take responsibility at the intersection between industry and academia
- Generate and transfer knowledge as part of an innovation academy
- Think ahead and promote the ideation of future products and solutions
- Build a global innovation ecosystem to foster exchange between industry and academia
What you'll need
We are looking for team players with
- An excellent college or university degree (master/diploma) or MBA from a top business school
- Relevant practical experience through at least two internships at a consultancy, renowned industrial company, or start-up, that show your technical and digital affinity
- The motivation to complete a challenging and strenuous academic program
- An affinity and strength in conducting both qualitative and quantitative scientific work
- First international experience as part of your professional career, studies or internships
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- Great motivation, passion, and team spirit
We offer you a hybrid work model and thus maximum flexibility in choosing your place of residence in Germany.
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
This is how our recruiting process works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position you have applied for. Find out more on what awaits you by clicking on the blue button.