Experienced Consultant SCM, focus Procurement (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
About Operation ConsultingOur Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence and develops outstanding solutions for the digital transformation. Together with our customers, we transform core businesses and make them competitive in the digital age. In our SCM practice, focus Procurement, we steer complex purchasing projects from the perspective of internal requirements and competencies in relation to the global procurement market. We secure long-term competitive advantages for our customers through efficient procurement solutions and optimize the cooperation with suppliers as well as with R&D departments and logistics within our customers own organization.
What you'll do
- Develop, implement and optimize purchasing strategies, processes and procedures as well as the associated organizational structures
- Advise and support your customers in specific procurement questions and optimize the associated material flows
- Identify additional potential by using targeted digital solutions or by helping to implement them successfully
- Present your project results to the management
- Take responsibility for own project modules and coach team members
- Think ahead and continue to develop our consulting offering in procurement
What you'll need
- Two to five years of professional experience at a consultancy, renowned industrial company or start-up (preferably with a focus on purchasing, controlling or strategic planning) as well as a track record showing outstanding performance
- Profound knowledge of procurement, global sourcing, commodity and asset management as well as proficiency in negotiating with suppliers and realizing potential savings
- Intercultural (project) experience and ideally international work experience
- An excellent university degree (master/diploma/PhD) or MBA from a top business school
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- A high level of social competence and team spirit
- Consider working at the customers site for about 80 percent of your working time an exciting challenge
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
This is how the recruiting process at SMC works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position you have applied for. Find out more on what awaits you by clicking on the blue button.