Experienced Consultant SCM, focus Logistics and Footprint (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
About Operation ManagementOur Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence and develops outstanding solutions for the digital transformation. Together with our customers, we transform core businesses and make them competitive in the digital age. In our SCM practice, focus Logistics and Footprint, we design, develop and implement complex projects relating to the value creation strategy. Focus areas are factory and project logistics (including their logistics networks), warehouse and transport logistics, inventory management and planning as well as the digitalization of the supply chain. We secure long-term competitive advantages for our customers through efficiently designed digital logistics processes and footprint approaches.
What you'll do
- Develop, implement and optimize complex strategic and operational production and logistics networks as well as logistics solutions
- Accompany your customers in all questions relating to the strategy and design of global production and logistics networks, from the core competence analysis and make-or-buy decisions to network coordination and the optimal depth of value creation as well as resource distribution (footprint)
- Use your digitalization knowledge and advise our customers on holistic value creation processes around the topic of logistics and supply chain
- Present your project results to the management
- Take responsibility for own project modules and coach team members
- Think ahead and continue to develop our consulting offering in logistics and footprint
What you'll need
- Two to five years of professional experience at a consultancy, renowned industrial company or start-up in logistics, network strategy in lean management or value creation strategy (network design) as well as a track record showing outstanding performance
- Profound knowledge and operational experience in the planning, implementation and controlling of logistical processes - preferably with experience in digitalization
- An excellent university degree (master/diploma/PhD) or MBA from a top business school
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- A high level of social competence and team spirit
- Consider working at the customers site for about 80 percent of your working time an exciting challenge
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
This is how the recruiting process at SMC works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position you have applied for. Find out more on what awaits you by clicking on the blue button.