Experienced Consultant SCM, focus Factory Planning and Optimization (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
About Operations ConsultingOur Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence and develops outstanding solutions for the digital transformation. Together with our customers, we transform core businesses and make them competitive in the digital age. In our SCM practice, focus Factory Planning and Optimization, we support manufacturing companies in the design of necessary manufacturing and assembly processes. We secure long-term competitive advantages for our customers through using digital planning tools from the Siemens Digital Enterprise Suite for layout, material flow and workplace design.
What you'll do
- Plan and optimize factory layouts and material flows, design production control and logistics using lean methods and evaluate your solutions using the digital twin
- Identify potential in production and logistics through digitalization, automation and the introduction of new manufacturing technologies such as additive manufacturing
- Develop concepts and solutions to improve complex production, logistics and support processes in a production-related environment
- Present your project results to the management
- Take responsibility for own project modules and coach team members
- Think ahead and continue to develop our consulting offering in factory planning and optimization
What you'll need
- Two to five years of professional experience at a consultancy, renowned industrial company or start-up (preferably with experience in factory and layout planning, in production and logistics optimization, in automation, production control or in lean management) as well as a track record showing outstanding performance
- Profound knowledge of digital planning tools from the Siemens Digital Enterprise Suite for layout, material flow and workplace design (e.g. Teamcenter, NX, Line Designer, Plant Simulation or Process Simulate)
- Experience in supply chain digitalization, robotics and additive manufacturing
- An excellent university degree (master/diploma/PhD) or MBA from a top business school
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- A high level of social competence and team spirit
- Consider working at the customers site for about 80 percent of your working time an exciting challenge
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
This is how the recruiting process at SMC works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position you have applied for. Find out more on what awaits you by clicking on the blue button.