Experienced Consultant PLM and R&D, focus Design to Value (f/m/d), Munich or Erlangen
About Operations ConsultingOur Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence and develops outstanding solutions for the digital transformation. Together with our customers, we transform core businesses and make them competitive in the digital age. In our PLM and R&D practice, focus Design to Value, we manage cross-functional R&D projects that help implementing strategies for design and cost reduction decisions. We secure long-term competitive advantages for our customers through optimal product cost and product benefit management.
What you'll do
- Analyze, design and implement strategies to reduce costs and improve product functionality in the field of engineering and production
- Support your customers in decision-making processes to ensure the competitiveness of products and solutions
- Moderate Design to Value/Cost workshops at the customer’s premises
- Present your project results to the management
- Take responsibility for own project modules and coach team members
- Think ahead and continue to develop our consulting offering in Design to Value
What you'll need
- Two to five years of professional experience at a consultancy, renowned industrial company or start-up and operational experience in product development, R&D/engineering, product management or PLM processes as well as a track record showing outstanding performance
- Excellent knowledge of requirement engineering, design to cost, design to function, cost analysis and optimization, market analysis and segmentation as well as basic knowledge of product architecture, modularization and supplier management
- Familiarity with the tools of these methods and the ability to build on the possibilities of digitalization in Design to Value
- An excellent university degree (master/diploma/PhD) or MBA from a top business school
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to communicate confidently in German and in English
- A high level of social competence and team spirit
- Consider working at the customers site for about 80 percent of your working time an exciting challenge
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
This is how the recruiting process at SMC works:
After we have received your application, you'll hear back from us within 14 days. The recruiting process varies depending on the location and position you have applied for. Find out more on what awaits you by clicking on the blue button.