Project Manager in Advanced Analytics, focus Data Science (f/m/d), Munich
The roleAs a Project Manager in Advanced Analytics with a focus on data science, you are part of the Digital Consulting unit and work at the forefront of industrial digitalization. You'll be responsible for developing and implementing projects across the entire spectrum of data analytics. The solutions you'll be working on extend from Machine Learning and Visual Analytics through to Text Mining, Image Recognition, Process Mining, Automation and many other exciting technologies. You'll be finding answers to far-reaching questions in different industries and developing successful solutions for both the Siemens Group and the external market. You'll be working on exciting topics like fraud detection, early warning systems, price and sales optimization, material and process flow analysis and many others. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. With us, you will have the opportunity to specialize in your field and in related disciplines in these dynamic markets. Grow with us and use your chance to follow successful SMC alumni into leadership positions.
What you'll do
- Lead your project team, collaborate closely with internal colleagues from Management Consulting, Operations Consulting and the UX team
- Act as the point of contact for new technologies, for existing and new products
- Identify and develop new solutions within the unit and with other partners
- Inspire our customers with innovative technological solutions and implementation based on their needs, develop existing and new business areas and acquire new projects
- Manage and steer ad-hoc analysis as well as existing analytics projects and coordinate the analysis with large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Lead and manage technical worldwide rollouts of successful POCs
- Guide your colleagues and employees and supervise their professional development. You are a mentor and a coach, providing support for the next steps of their careers
What you'll need
- Five to ten years of professional experience in Data Science, Software Engineering, Big Data or a similar field as well as considerable experience in the consulting area. Proven outstanding performance and understanding of the challenges of digitalization and the development of digital solutions for various industries
- Excellent understanding of developing analytics solutions and deep mastery of building a digital strategy at the interface of business and IT
- You are an expert in applying algorithmic methods. You have a deep technical understanding of the functionality of diverse algorithms and considering quality characteristics and limitations is part of your repertoire
- Considerable experience managing data analysis projects that are robust and transparent. You create trust and transparency with your solutions by applying model explainability methods
- Excellent university degree (master's/diploma/PhD) in IT, statistics, mathematics, physics, data science/engineering, machine learning or a related field
- Interest in new technologies in artificial intelligence and digitalization, actively keep abreast in these areas and share your knowledge at internal and external conferences
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Extensive international work experience
- Highly developed communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.