Project Manager for Innovation and Digital Transformation (f/m/d), Munich
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing projects that strengthen the innovation capacity of companies and for implementing these. The goal is to support our clients to make appropriate use of new technologies in times of digital change. You'll be advising companies on how they can improve their market position and become a leading player in new business fields. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later into leadership positions.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your innovation and digital transformation projects
- Inspire your clients to adopt new approaches, tailor these for their individual needs and support the client during implementation. This refers particularly to new digital solutions for end users
- Independently acquire new client projects in innovation
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the client team
- Act as a thought leader in contact with leading institutions and continuously develop our consulting offering in innovation
What you'll need
- Five to ten years of strong performance at a consultancy, a renowned industrial enterprise or start-up and relevant experience as a project manager
- Deep understanding of the viewpoint of Sales, Product or Innovation managers, Business developers or (Start-up) entrepreneurs in technology-affine environments, based on operational experience
- Excellent innovation know-how as well as profound knowledge of Customer Co-Creation, Open Innovation, Digital Business Ecosystems, Business Model Innovation, Profiling and/or (Service) Design Thinking
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or a top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in English and German
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.