Experienced Consultant in Advanced Analytics, focus Data Science (f/m/d), Munich
The roleAs an Experienced Consultant in Advanced Analytics with a focus on data science, you are part of the Digital Consulting unit and work at the forefront of industrial digitalization. You'll be responsible for developing and implementing projects across the entire spectrum of data analytics. The solutions you'll be working on extend from Machine Learning and Visual Analytics through to Text Mining, Image Recognition, Process Mining, Automation and many other exciting technologies. You'll be finding answers to far-reaching questions in different industries and developing successful solutions for both the Siemens Group and the external market. You'll be working on exciting topics like fraud detection, early warning systems, price and sales optimization, material and process flow analysis and many others. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. With us, you will have the opportunity to specialize in your field and in related disciplines in these dynamic markets. Grow with us and use your chance to follow successful SMC alumni into leadership positions.
What you'll do
- Work with your project team in close collaboration with clients and internal colleagues from Management Consulting, Operations Consulting and the UX team
- Inspire our customers with innovative technical solutions and implementation based on their needs and support the piloting and implementation of these solutions
- Drive the development and acquisition of new client projects in data analytics
- Assume responsibility for building up ad-hoc analysis and evaluate and analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data on existing analytics projects
- Work on the technical worldwide rollout of successful POCs
- Assume internal and external stakeholder management for your projects
- Act as a sparring partner for new technologies, for existing and new products and help to find and develop new solutions within your unit and with other partners
What you'll need
- Three to five years of professional experience in Data Science, Software Engineering, Big Data or a similar field, with outstanding performance, and some consulting experience
- Fluent in programming languages like SQL, Python and R as well as with frameworks like Tensorflow; experience developing solutions in distributed teams using Version Control tools like GIT
- Deep understanding and mastery of algorithmic model applications. You understand the technical quality characteristics and limitations of different models and are capable of clearly communicating the reasoning for using selected models
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Tableau and QlikSense and you can use these tools to effectively communicate even complex content
- Managed data analysis projects and independently developed robust and comprehensible solutions, using specific methodologies
- Excellent university degree (master's/diplom/PhD) in IT, statistics, mathematics, physics, data science/engineering, machine learning or a related field
- Interest in new technologies in artificial intelligence and digitalization and committed to keeping abreast of changes in this field
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Relevant international work experience (e.g., studies abroad, internships, employment)
- Highly developed communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.