Consultant in Advanced Analytics, focus Data Science (f/m/d), Munich
The roleAs a Consultant in Advanced Analytics with a focus on data science, you are part of the Digital Consulting unit and work at the forefront of industrial digitalization. You'll be responsible for developing and implementing projects across the entire spectrum of data analytics. The solutions you'll be working on extend from Machine Learning and Visual Analytics through to Text Mining, Image Recognition, Process Mining, Automation and many other exciting technologies. You'll be finding answers to far-reaching questions in different industries and developing successful solutions for both the Siemens Group and the external market. You'll be working on exciting topics like fraud detection, early warning systems, price and sales optimization, material and process flow analysis and many others. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. With us, you will have the opportunity to specialize in your field and in related disciplines in these dynamic markets. Grow with us and use your chance to follow successful SMC alumni into leadership positions.
What you'll do
- Work with your project team in close collaboration with clients and internal colleagues from Management Consulting, Operations Consulting and the UX team
- Inspire our customers with innovative technical solutions and implementation based on their needs and support the piloting and implementation of these solutions
- Work on developing and acquiring new client projects in data analytics
- Build ad-hoc analysis and help evaluate and analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data on existing projects
- Assume responsibility for the communication of results and ensure smooth collaboration with your stakeholders along the value creation process
What you'll need
- Up to three years of professional experience in Data Science, Software Engineering, Big Data or a similar field, with outstanding performance
- Comfortable working in programming languages like SQL, Python and R, as well as with frameworks like Tensorflow; experience developing solutions in distributed teams using Version Control tools like GIT
- Skilled in applying algorithmic models and are well acquainted with the proprieties and limits of different models
- Initial experience in the technical implementation of data analysis projects and able to identify and resolve bottle necks and problems
- Initial experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and QlikSense is an advantage
- Excellent university degree (master's/diploma/PhD) in IT, statistics, mathematics, physics, data science/science, machine learning or a related field
- Interest in new technologies in artificial intelligence and digitalization and committed to keeping abreast of changes in this field
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Relevant international work experience (studies abroad, internships, employment)
- Highly developed communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.