Consultant in Advanced Analytics, focus Data Engineering (f/m/d), Munich
The roleAs a Consultant in Advanced Analytics with a focus on data engineering, you are part of the Digital Consulting unit. You will work in agile teams to find solutions for the most far-reaching issues faced by our clients in different industries. It will be your responsibility to generate reliable, robust and efficient data models, thus creating the foundation for analytical models and convincing visualizations. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. With us, you will have the opportunity to specialize in your field and in related disciplines in large and exciting industries. Grow with us and use your chance to follow successful SMC alumni into leadership positions.
What you'll do
- Assume responsibility for the ETL process and design and implement data models. You understand the analysis needs of our clients and implement these appropriately. You'll prepare the necessary data and purge it in order to carry out the necessary analysis
- Build ad-hoc analysis and work with large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Develop visualization solutions in tools such as QlikSense, Tableau or D3 in order to present the results of your analysis
- Help implement data-driven solutions
- Scale machine learning pilot solutions in the cloud
- Assume responsibility for communicating results and ensure smooth collaboration with your stakeholders along the value-creation process
What you'll need
- Up to three years of experience in data science, software engineering, big data or a similar field, with outstanding performance
- Confident in programming languages such as SQL and Python and have experience in developing solutions in distributed teams using Version Control tools like GIT
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau and QlikSense
- Initial experience with cloud technologies like AWS is a plus
- Initial experience with cluster systems such as Hadoop, Spark or SAP HANA is a plus
- Excellent university degree (master's/diploma/PhD) in IT, statistics, mathematics, physics, data science / engineering or a related field
- Interest in new technologies in data management and machine learning and committed to keeping abreast of changes in this field
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Relevant international experience (e.g., studies abroad, internship or employment)
- Highly developed communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.