Project Manager SCM Supply Chain Management/Logistics (f/m/d), Beijing or Shanghai
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and implementing supply chain management and logistics projects, and thus systematically increasing the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize productivity, performance, throughput time, OPEX and inventory. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later into leadership positions or expert roles.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your projects focusing on supply chain management (plan, source, deliver, return) - especially for strategic and operational topics within logistics
- Support our clients in processes focusing on factory and project logistics (inbound, intra, outbound), warehouse and transport logistics, inventory management, Sales&Operations Planning (S&OP) as well as supply chain digitalization
- Realize additional potential by introducing targeted digital solutions in close collaboration with the client team
- Independently acquire new client projects in the logistics environment
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our consulting offering in supply chain management/logistics
What you'll need
- Strong performance as a project manager over many years at a consultancy and familiarity with logistics, lean management and/or lean logistics, based on operational experience
- Excellent knowledge and operational experience in planning, implementing and controlling logistics processes
- Experience with supply chain digitalization preferred
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or a top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Experience working on intercultural projects and ideally extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.