Project Manager SCM Strategy and Design of Global Production and Logistics Networks (f/m/d), Beijing or Shanghai
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and implementing projects focusing on value-add strategies and production and logistics networks, and thus systematically increasing the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize productivity, performance, throughput time, OPEX and inventory. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later into leadership positions or expert roles.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your projects focusing on value-add strategies as well as production and logistics networks
- Support our clients in all matters relating to strategy and the design of global production and logistics networks - from core competence analysis and make-or-buy decisions through to network coordination and optimal depth of value-add and resource allocation (footprint)
- Realize additional potential supported by digital solutions in close collaboration with the client team
- Independently acquire new client projects in production and logistics networks
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our consulting offering in value-add strategies and in the design of global production and logistics networks
What you'll need
- Strong performance as a project manager over many years at a consultancy and familiarity with supply chain management, production, logistics and network strategies, based on operational experience
- Excellent knowlegde and operational experience in planning, evaluating and optimizing production and logistics networks, including business case calculations and holistic cost optimization
- Experience with supply chain digitalization and network simulation preferred
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or a top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Experience working on intercultural projects and ideally extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.