Experienced Consultant SCM Factory Planning and Optimization (f/m/d), Beijing or Shanghai
The roleAs an Experienced Consultant, you'll develop and implement projects focusing on factory planning and optimization and thus systematically increase the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize productivity, performance, throughput time, OPEX and inventory. With your factory planning and optimization expertise you'll support our clients to secure a long-term competitive advantage. Become part of the team!
What you'll do
- Develop solutions in close cooperation with our clients to improve complex production, logistics and support processes in production-related environments
- Plan and optimize factory layouts and material flows, design production control and logistics, and design workplaces applying lean methods and using digital planning tools
- Independently acquire new client projects in the production environment
- Assume responsibility for your own (sub)projects and coach your team members
- Present your project results to top management, facilitate workshops and train project employees
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our consulting offering in factory planning and optimization
What you'll need
- Strong performance over many years at a consultancy, a renowned industrial enterprise or a start-up, ideally in factory and layout planning, production and logistics optimization, industrial engineering, automation, production control or in lean management
- Excellent knowledge of digital planning tools from the Siemens Digital Enterprise Suite for layout, material flows and work place design (e.g. Teamcenter, NX, Line Designer, Plant Simulation or Process Simulate)
- Supply chain digitalization, robotics and additive manufacturing experience preferred
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD)
- Experience working on intercultural projects and ideally international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.