Project Manager PLM and R&D Digitalization (f/m/d), Beijing or Shanghai
The roleAs a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for developing digitalization projects along the whole value chain and for implementing these. The goal is to develop solutions for our clients to use digital tools in Product Management, PLM Engineering and R&D. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career: Many of our top consultants develop later to leadership positions or expert roles.
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your digital transformation projects and work closely with the client team
- Convince your clients to address technological and organizational change, and keep an eye on processes and structures as well as employees
- Independently acquire new client projects in digitalization
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop consulting offering in digitalization
What you'll need
- Five to ten years of strong performance as a project manager at a renowned industrial enterprise or at a consultancy
- Profound knowledge of the challenges of digitalization along the entire product value chain, with direct operational experience, and experience developing relevant solutions
- Excellent digitalization know-how as well as profound knowledge of PLM processes and tool chains in the digital environment
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or a top business school MBA
- As an experienced manager of project teams you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.