Experienced Consultant PLM and R&D Design to Value (f/m/d), Beijing or Shanghai
The roleAs an Experienced Consultant, you'll develop projects focusing on Design to Value and implement these in PLM, R&D/Engineering, procurement, quality management as well as project and product management. With your expertise, you'll support our clients to secure a long-term competitive advantage in what can be extremely dynamic markets. Become part of our team!
What you'll do
- Develop Design to Value strategies in close cooperation with our clients
- Support your clients in decision making processes to ensure the competitiveness of products and solutions
- Independently acquire new client projects in Design to Value
- Assume responsibility for your own (sub-)projects and coach your team members
- Present your project results to top management
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop consulting offering in Design to Value
What you'll need
- At least three (ideally five or more) years' experience, with outstanding performance, at a renowned industrial enterprise, start-up or consultancy, and operative experience in product development, R&D/engineering, product management or PLM processes
- Excellent know-how in Requirement Engineering, Design to Cost, Design to Function, Target Costing, Cost Analysis and Optimization, Market Analysis and Segmentation as well as basic knowledge of product architecture, modularization, supplier management and process optimization
- Familiar with these corresponding methodological tools and ability to use these for digitalization in Design to Value
- Outstanding degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) or top business school MBA
- Extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptional skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in German and English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Once you've applied, we'll get back to you within two weeks. Depending on the location and position you’re interested in, our recruiting process varies. Read more for detailed information.